Friday 8 October 2010

Alcohol and me

I always hate waking up with a hangover... But then I love drinking the night before. It's kind of addictive, getting drunk I mean, not a hangover! The sometimes you wake up thinking "what did I do last night?", then it all comes flooding back like a slap in the gob...

Like that Halloween when I was about 14 and my mom had planned a party for me and my friends (what? my mother had planned a party for us?? unusual, i know!), but anyway... She put up decorations and spooky music in the house and we could party... Except that we were 14 and already into drinking as a pastime, so we wanted to get drunk and party the night away...

We made up some excuse about trick or treating; which we actually did for about two hours, then we spent the money on booze! You know when you wait outside a shop for someone to go past and you ask them to get you some booze/fags... Well we did that and got rather drunk. We trick or treated a few houses on the way back (at this point my mom kept on phoning me to ask where I was), and one of the houses that we knocked on was some older guys from our school who were a bit drunk themselves and invited us in... So we joined them!

A few hours later my mother was getting really annoyed since she had set up this whole party for me and my friends and we weren't even there!! (which is understandable). So a couple of us (the rest had gone home), sauntered back at about one in the morning pissed up and looking worse for wear (we were in halloween costumes), and you can imagine the kind of verbal abuse we got. But hey... we had a good night of getting drunk with older boys, I think it was a pretty good night.

I'm kind of understanding why my mom never trusted me now... But anyway, as I get older I can take more drink so seven quid on halloween when I was fourteen wouldn't get me drunk now, well depends what I'm buying...

No comments:

Post a Comment