Sunday 29 August 2010

Lauren Reviews: The expendables

Wow, that was a crazy movie. There were so many explosions near the end I actuually got de-sensitised and drifted off into my own thoughts. But anyway, start at the beginning Lauren....

So the line up for the movie was pretty awesome, and you actually got Arnie and Sylvester on screen together which is just cool! There were some jibes about other movies that they had been in too and a personal jibe at Arnie about him wanting to be president which was quite funny! Apart from Sylvester Stallone, who is the main charcter, there was Jason Statham, Terry Crews (who I love), Jet Li, Mickey Rourke, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Bruce Willis, Dolph Lundgren, Randy Couture and Stone Cold Steve Austin! So quite a line up there...

My favourite character was Jason Statham aka Christmas, just because of his knife throwing skills and the scene where he beats up like 6 guys on his own, he powns them! My favourite gun was the AA12 that Terry Crews (Caeser) is packing. I didn't even believe that gun was real! It;s like a shotgun with an automatic shot rate, and my god was it effective at blowing random goons to pieces!

Now, Stallone's face... Well there were quite a few close ups of him and man, he's not pretty. I mean he must have have some work done on that thing, he's starting to look like his mother! Especially his lips, when he was talking, his lips were flopping all over the place like a dead fish. But to his credit, he is still badass. Although, I did cringe when his love interest in the story was looking lovingly into his eyes... I don't think he is believable as someone you would want want to kiss, anymore.

Also, Mickey Rourke. His face is a bad as Stallone's, maybe worse. It was a bit sad I thought, to get all these old guys with plastic surgery on screen together, even Arnie was looking a bit worse for wear. But Bruce Willis was looking fine, for his age, I mean I still would...

I also liked the goons that were painted up in battle paints, they looked pretty scary. Although one of the characters asks why he has painted them up to look so stupid, I was like dude, if they ran up to you out of the shadows with a massive gun blazing, you would shit yourself too!

The battle with Stone Cold Steve Austin and Randy Couture was pretty cool, both known wrestlers/fighters you just knew they were going to have a face off! Also, Dolph Lundgren looked pretty wrecked in this movie, although he was supposed to be a junkie so I guess he was just in charcacter. At one point Dolph looks taller than Stone Cold which I thought wasn't possible, I mean Stone Cold is the biggest, baddest mutha trucker out there!!

So overall, I would say that the movie was quite enjoyable, but I wouldn't have gone to the cinema to watch if it wasn't for my boyfriend dragging me there. There's alot of action and explosions but there isn't any character development and I wouldnt have cared if any of the characters died. The highlights are Arnie and Stallone together and Terry Crews going crazy with his automatic shotgun. If I had to give a score it would be a 6 out of 10, but I think that maybe men would enjoy it more, since my boyfriend did.

See you next time

No comments:

Post a Comment