Wednesday 21 November 2012

Top 3 Scariest Video Game Enemies

Ok, so after rambling about Final Fantasy Bosses for a bit, here are my top 3 Scariest Video Game Enemies of all time!!

Ok so Number 3 is The Butcher from Silent Hill Origins!
What not Pyramid Head? The other humanoid to appear in the Silent Hill games and the movie? No, he did not scare me like this guy did... Why?
Well you kind of expect this stuff in a Silent Hill game, you know, strange twisted creatures conjured up by an evil little girl trying to kill you. But when you walk into the local Family Butcher's you don't expect to see this:
The ferocity of the killing made me afraid, very afraid that he would turn his rusted old butcher's knife on me. Seriously, when I saw this guy I had to put down the game for about a week while I plucked up the courage to head back into Silent Hill. I am a wimp I know!

But anyway, when I finally picked the game back up and decided to take the Butcher on. It turned out that I didn't have to, not for a while anyway. The really scary thing about the Butcher was that he was always around, but you always managed to miss him.

Like when you get to peep through a hole at the room you were just in and he is just standing there, waiting for you, obviously on your trail. That's when you freak out and run away from the room in terror, because he might just be around the next corner...
Oh God!! Not you again!!

And speaking of Silent Hill...

My Second Scariest Video Game Enemy is: The Otherworld from Silent Hill.
So you might think that the other world can't be an enemy, but I hate it and love it just like any other enemy in a game. You might even say then, that it's actually Alessa who is the enemy, but I disagree.
The enemy in this entire game series is the otherworld. I played through the first game when I was about 13 and it had to be night time with all the lights turned off. Why I did this to myself, I don't know. All I know is that the otherworld scared the crap out of me.

Especially in Origins, where you have to actually choose to go there, by touching a mirror and entering the twisted, formidable world.
The atmospherics in the game has always been a draw for me, the soundtrack and just sheer creepiness of the series appeals to me because I love scaring myself!! Having to choose to go into that bloodstained and rusted world was hard for me, in my head I was screaming "Don't do it!". But it has to be done to progress in the story.
Bosses aside, the otherworld in Silent Hill is a much more scary place than the mist covered normal world, where you actually feel safer...
...Even if there is creepy stuff like this lying around.

So anyway, that was number 2!! Now for the most terrifying enemy I have ever seen in a game...

The Regenerator from Resident Evil 4!!
Yeah, this guy. Urghhh!! It's not only that he looks terrifying...
...Scratch that, Shit your self scary!! Or the fact that he smiles as he walks toward you...
...Or his tentacle thingies that come out!! Arrghhh he's too close!!!
Even the fact that once he is down, he regenerates isn't the scary part. It's how he moves. For example, you shoot his arms and legs off an he is just a torso with a head lying on the floor. He doesn't just lie there until his limbs grow back, he actually jumps towards you from the neck!! It's the most disgusting movement I have ever seen an enemy make in a game and for this reason I haven't completed the game as I can't stand playing this section!
Just no!!

This is the only game that has defeated me with it's scares. But after writing about all these scary games so much, I kinda feel like playing Resi 4 again... Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment