The Sims 3 Asylum Challenge Rules
You have been committed to a run down mental health facility against your will. In order to prove that you are fir to rejoin society and earn your freedom, you must achieve the goal you psychiatrist has set you: your lifetime wish.
The catch - you need to achieve your goal as quickly as possible, while keeping 7 other patients, who you don't know and are out of your control, alive and as happy as possible. Add that to budget cutbacks leading to a lack of furniture and limited supplies, and your task gets harder.
Create your sim in CAS. They must be an adult or young adult. You can choose whatever you want for looks, clothing, voice or favourites.They must have the traits Loser and insane. The other three can be whatever you want, but you cannot use brave or daredevil. Once you have selected all of your traits, roll a dice to determine your LTW.
If the lifetime wish has anything to do with marriage/roommates/babies or anything with multiple sims such as gold digger or heartbreaker, roll again.
Create 7 other sims. They can be an adult or young adult. Each of them must have the traits Absent Minded, Insane and Hates the outdoors, the other two traits can be anything you want. You cannot have the natural cook trait, however, as this would make sims unable to start a fire with the stove! You can customize their looks, voice and favourites however you want. It doesn't matter what their lifetime wishes are, as you won't be playing as them. Only one of the sims can have the kleptomaniac trait and only one sim can have the mooch trait. You cannot use brave or daredevil.
Build the Asylum on a residential lot. You can use money cheats to build it. It can be multi-storey or one, you choose. There are some restrictions though:
- All objects, excluding plants, decor and lighting. must be place inside of the building.
- Custom content is allowed, as long as it's from the Sims Store.
- You can have no more than 5 'bed spots', you could have 5 single beds or two doubles and a single.
- There can only be total seating for 6. That includes couches sofas and chairs. If you have a dining table with four chairs, you cannot have a 3 seater couch.
- You may only have one piece of napable furniture (excluding beds), so if you have a couch you may not have a recliner and so on...
- Only 1 toilet, 1 sink and 1 tub. For the tub you can have a tub or a shower or a tub/shower combo. You cannot have both a bath and a shower unless it is a combo.
- You may only have a total of 5 skill building items in the house, so choose wisely at the start. Computers, stoves, bookcases, mirrors amd TV's don't count as skill items but pools and ponds do.
- If you want a TV, you must purchase the cheapest one; but no other electronics/entertainment are allowed - no mp3 player, no handheld games, no video games, no pool table etc. If you choose to get a TV, you cannot have a computer.
- You may have a computer, but only one. It must be on a desk with a chair, so it can be accessed by all the patients. You can use this for the writing skill. If you buy a computer you cannot have a TV.
- You can have as many phones as you want but due to shoddiness of the Asylum there's no burglar alarm, no fire alarm and no sprinkler.
- You must have the cheapest stove. You can only have one.
- You can only have one fridge.
Your goal is to get out of the Asylum and become a normal citizen of your chosen town. To do this, you must complete your lifetime wish. Here are the rules of the challenge:
- The 8 sims cannot be related.
- You cannot play the other 7 sims. You can't even click on their picture. They cannot get jobs and they cannot leave the asylum.
- You may only leave the asylum to go get a job or go to work. You may also leave to buy groceries or go to the bookstore, but that's all.
- You may have other sims visit. You can also date other sims as long as you don't leave the lot.
- No maid, no gardener, no repair person, no exterminator. You cannot have a baby or move anyone else onto the lot even if someone else dies.
- If anyone dies (other patients or visitors) you must leave their tombstone on the lot and allow the ghost to roam freely. Congrats, you now have a haunted Asylum.
- If a patient dies, you must delete 1 bed and 1 seat, until you have only one left.
- Once you are finished building and furnishing the house you must reduce your funds to $100. You can do this by purchasing fish and releasing them into the wild.
- You can buy more objects if you have enough money, with the exception of: beds, seating, toilets, sinks, tubs, showers, entertainment skill items or electronics (except phones).
- No re-arranging of furniture to reserve or use something for yourself. For example, you cannot move a TV into a bedroom and turn it on just to get an uncontrollable patient out of bed so you can sleep there. Nor can you remove a door so that a room such as the bathroom is freed up upon your return from work.
- You may not buy any objects that serve any purpose after beginning the challenge. Including - surfaces, seating, skill objects. You may buy windows, flooring, wallpaper, pictures, plants, lights and pretty knick knacks after starting. So choose wisely, the exceptions being that you can replace stolen or re-possessed items as long as you buy the exact same item.
- If an uncontrollable sim gets and opportunity, you must ignore it. However, you can accept opportunities if it is for your playable sim, but remember you can only go to the bookstore, grocery store or work!
- Each night at 12 AM sim time, you are permitted to pause the game and clear out anything that the inmates have put in their inventory - books, guitars, newspapers etc. However, you may not take out food, seeds or any other object a kleptomaniac may have received.
- You must have the free will set to high. Sim lifespan can be whatever you want, set aging on.
- You cannot use your inventory to reserve items for yourself. For example, you cannot put a book or a guitar in your inventory so no-one else can use it.
- If one of the unplayable sims wanders off the lot, you don't have to do anything. They will come back eventually because they all hate the outdoors.
When scoring, you are allowed to click on the other 7 sims and check their information.
+ 1 per skillpoint of any of the other 7 sims left at the end. Only living sims count.
+1 per friend any living sim has, not including any of the 8 sims that you created.
+1 per 1000 aspiration points your sim has
-1 per day you are in the Asylum. Check this by hovering over the time under your Sims avatar, it will say something like 2 weeks 5 days, one week is -7.
-20 per sim in step two that died.
-30 for each visitor that died on the lot.
-1 for each repo-man visit
Ok, now time to have fun!!